Word Factory has one single, overarching rule: players have three minutes to write down as many words as they can. The corporation Hasbro is responsible for the distribution of Word Play, which is a variation of the game Big Boggle.
Word Factory is an easy game that may be played by two or more people at once. If there are a lot of people participating in the tournament, it could be simpler to divide them up into teams. In order to play, you will need a game board, several shaker pieces, and cubes that each have a letter printed on one side. The guidelines on how to play the game are not too complicated.
- Make ready the playing board.
- Make sure the letter cubes are well mixed by shaking the mixer. Let the cubes settle into their proper positions in the letter tray as you watch. During each round, the players may take it in turns shaking the letters.
- Put the timer to work and search for the words.
- When the timer goes out, each participant is responsible for writing down the words that are located on a piece of paper. Words may be formed in any direction, including vertically, horizontally, left-to-right, and diagonally. Players are not allowed to use the same letter in the same word more than once. It is OK to use any term that can be found in a normal English dictionary.
- Compile the total score.
- When the allotted time has passed, the points will be tallied. One point is awarded for words with three letters, two points are awarded for words with four letters, three points are awarded for words with five letters, and so on. Words that include at least eight letters are rewarded an additional point each. The winner is the individual or group that finishes with the most points.